Hemelgarn has apparently finalized a deal with Buddy Lazier for the I500, according to the FIL online broadcast of morning practice. Buddy drove for Hemelgarn last season at Indy, qualifying 32nd (on bump day if I recall) and finished 17th.
HVM will field a second car, a carbon-neutral car, for Nelson Philippe. Philippe is a former CCWS race winner at Australia. Philippe is an awesome person and a great personality. Some of you may recall over the off-season that the Philippe family was rumored to be buying the Roth Racing equipment to run the '09 season, but that never came together.
Indianapolis Rumors from Cavin.
- Servia and Rice at RLR
- Townsend Bell to the third KVRT car.
- Terry Angstadt visits China to check out a possible new track. Has also been down to Brazil a few times lately. (per Cavin)
- PDM is trying to run Jimmy Kite at the I500.
- Sarah Fisher says her second entry into the 500 is basically dead as the deadline has passed.
- Expect a possible second Z-Lines car at Indy from DCR, without Bruno at the helm.
- Jason Tyner to be traded to A.J. Foyt Enterprises for the Month of May. In fact, the Detroit Tigers will pay A.J. Foyt to take him off their hands.